£50 + VAT. Learn how to search the PubMed literature database and get a free introduction to searching databases. This course lasts about 40 minutes.
What does the course cover?
- How to use three search techniques - basic, advanced and the MeSH database
- Using trees, exploding terms, major terms
- Using MeSH subheadings to perform accurate searches
- Limiting your search results
- Formatting, exporting and saving search results
- Understanding why PubMed doesn't always return expected results
You'll get a course certificate once you have completed the whole course. Plus access to our next 3 training support webinars where you can ask course related questions. The webinars are run monthly and last 30 minutes.
Free bonus free course: Searching databases - an introduction
Knowing the basics of searching is critical. So if you are not sure about MeSH, tree structures, exploding terms, subheadings and how to use and, or, not, please add the course 'Searching databases - an introduction' to your basket and add coupon code: PUBMED. You'll then get this starter course for free.
This course costs £50 + VAT.
Who is it suitable for?
The course has been taken by both new and experienced staff, looking for a refresher, usually in Medical Information or in Medical Affairs.
How do I take the course?
This is an online, eLearning course. You'll need internet connection and a computer/device with speakers, so you can listen to the audio. You take the course at your own pace - all in one go, or in sections. We track your progress so if you leave part way through, you can start where you left off.
Team, regional or global bookings?
If you have a team (however large) who would like training, please get in touch.
At the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Recall how using MeSH, tree structures, exploding terms and subheadings can improve your search results
- Recall when to use the basic, advanced and MeSH database search options
- Use the single citation matcher
- Explain why PubMed sometimes finds irrelevant articles
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Course completion
Terms and conditions
- Each course purchase allows one person to access and take the course.
- The course must be completed within 6 months of enrollment.
- The course can only be taken once.
- The course is copyrighted to Jayne Packham Consultancy Limited and must not be shared, copied or distributed to other people.
Your cart is empty