£115 + VAT. Learn how to evaluate a clinical paper. This course has 4 modules and will take about 75 minutes to complete. It includes evaluating a clinical paper and so will take longer if you decide to do a full paper evaluation.
What does the course cover?
- How and where to publish a paper
- Structure of a paper
- The 6 main types of studies e.g. cohort, meta-analysis, randomised controlled trial
- Common paper terminology
- 4 key questions to evaluate a paper
- Extra points to create a detailed checklist
- Basic statistics
- Reading list
You'll get a course certificate once you have completed the whole course.Plus access to our next 3 training support webinars where you can ask course related questions. The webinars are run monthly and last 30 minutes.
This course costs £115 + VAT.
Who is it suitable for?
The course has been taken by both new staff and experienced staff, looking for a refresher. Most people are in Medical Information or in Medical Affairs.
How do I take the course?
This is an online, eLearning course. You'll need internet connection and a computer/device with speakers, so you can listen to the audio. You take the course at your own pace - all in one go, or in sections. We track your progress so if you need to leave, you can start again where you left off.
Team, regional or global bookings?
If you have a team (however large) who would like training, please get in touch.
At the end of this course you'll be able to:
- Explain the paper publishing process and the options available for publishing
- Identify the different types of clinical studies and identify which is most appropriate for a research question
- Understand the common terminology used in paper
- Use a 4 question model to evaluate a clinical paper
- Use the 4 question model to evaluate a BMJ paper
- Create a detailed checklist to evaluate a paper in more detail
- Understand and interpret basic statistics in a paper
- Know credible places to find out more about evaluating paper
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Course completion
Terms and conditions
- Each course purchase allows one person to access and take the course.
- The course must be completed within 6 months of enrollment.
- The course can only be taken once.
- The course is copyrighted to Jayne Packham Consultancy Limited and must not be shared, copied or distributed to other people.
Your cart is empty